Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hello Dr. Lowe.....again.

13 pounds, 2 ounces and 24 inches long. That's how big Annabelle is now! Those measurements put her in the 25th - 50th percentile. Her head circumference is 16 inches -- also in the 25th - 50th percentile. I guess you could say she is very well proportioned. Her temperature was up (100.1) yesterday which told us she had caught Jacob's virus. I knew she was getting sick because she started coughing yesterday morning.

Look, Mom! I can touch my toes!

It has been a rough couple days at our house. Sunday night was the worst. Jacob kept waking up crying and finally around 2:00 AM, he came walking in our room saying, "Mommy, take a temp-a-ture...Mommy take a temp-a-ture!" He didn't feel like he had a fever, but the way he was crying, I suspected an ear infection. I was up with him until about 6:30 AM and everytime he started crying, Annabelle woke up crying too. Heath wasn't feeling well either, but there was no way he could get any sleep with two crying children in the house.

Needless to say, I called the doctor's office and told them I needed Jacob to be seen too. It's kind of funny (well, not really) that the last time I took Annabelle to the doctor for a well visit, we had to get Jacob in because he had an ear infection then too. I hope this isn't a trend. Annabelle's next doctor visit is in May, but, Jacob, that doesn't mean you need to go too. No more ear infections, ok? I know if it were up to him, he would never have an ear infection. They are no fun.

While sitting in the waiting room for OVER AN HOUR yesterday, I heard all kinds of crazy stories. One woman, who now has two children, didn't even know she was pregnant the first time. She found out she was having a baby one month before she delivered! She said she just thought it was "moving gas." I don't know....I just can't imagine not knowing you're pregnant. Strange. Another woman, who had 16 month old twins, was put on bed rest at 18 weeks because her water broke. Wow. She said when she was admitted into the hospital, it was 90 degrees outside and when she came out, it was winter. I am so thankful I had relatively easy pregnancies. I guess being sick all the time is better than having to be in the hospital for several months.

Well, now that Jacob is back on the pink stuff (Amoxicillin), hopefully, he'll get over this ear infection and return to the world of the healthy. I pray Annabelle gets over her cough and yucky nose and hope Heath gets rid of his sore throat. I seem to be the only one sans symptoms right now. I'm praying really hard that I won't catch it too. I'd like us all to be enjoying the warm weather. This weekend maybe????

No comments: