Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 09

When you take a few moments out of the day, attempting to count your blessings, it hardly seems right to reserve only one day as a day of thanksgiving. God has blessed us so much and no matter our current situation, we all have plenty to be thankful for. We need (myself included) to thank God every minute of every day for who He is...for all He has done, all He is doing, and all He is going to do in our lives. God is so good.

The night before Thanksgiving, I realized I was missing several key ingredients to prepare my holiday dishes, so Jacob and I headed out to our favorite place, Publix. I took that opportunity to explain to him what Thanksgiving is and why we celebrate. He listened intently and even asked several questions, but obviously, all my teachings were forgotten by Thanksgiving morning. Check out Jacob's Thanksgiving hair -- compliments of a good night's sleep. :)



Annabelle isn't exactly sure what Thanksgiving is all about either, but she had a happy morning, nonetheless.

In honor of the holiday, I got crafty and made turkey shirts. Jack's mom gave me all the needed supplies. Thanks, Ansley! I admit, I had to search the internet to learn how to properly sew on a button, but the shirts turned out pretty cute, don't you think?

Yes, those are Jacob's and Annabelle's handprints.

While I was cooking in the kitchen (squash casserole and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies), Jacob was playing in the living room and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade -- a must see at our house. I've always loved that big, goofy looking turkey with the blinking eyes. Jacob had been drawing pictures on his Magnadoodle all morning. His pictures are getting better and better. Instead of a bunch of circles and scribble scrabble, his drawings are beginning to look like exactly what he says they are -- animals, etc... Anyway, while The Rockettes were performing, Jacob was doodling away. When he finished his drawing, he called Heath and said, "Yook, Daddy! I drew a picture of dem!" Sure enough, this is what he drew:


Jacob's interpretation of The Rockettes. This provided us with an entire day's worth of laughter. Well, this and one other thing......Jacob has been pretending to perform concerts lately, each one ending with confetti falling from the ceiling (just like the Imagination Movers). During one of these concerts, he stopped singing and said, "Now, I'm gonna do a special song for all the ladies." Ummmmm....I don't recall ever hearing those words on Playhouse Disney. Where does he get this stuff????

Later that morning we headed out to Heath's parents' house to visit and celebrate the day with family -- fabulous food, great company, and good times. It was a wonderful day.

And of course, we were all thoroughly entertained by the musical stylings of Papa Larry and his sidekick, Jacob. I hear they're taking their show on the road....just as soon as Jacob can teach Papa a few of his awesome dance moves.

When Jacob put his banjo down to "get down," I could not stop laughing. Now, watching this video, I think I'm laughing even harder now than I did then. It's like, all of a sudden, he felt the spirit or something. Although, I was not aware that "Hot Potato" was such a "spirit feeling" song. :) In any case, this is absolutely hilarious.

Both Jacob and Annabelle enjoyed playing with Grazie, Uncle Philip's and Aunt Michelle's seven month old Basset Hound. Grazie followed Jacob all over the house and Annabelle seemed to enjoy all the dog kisses. What a great dog!


1 comment:

Ansley said...

Oh my goodness, Jacob cracks me up! He is so funny! I love his picture of the Rockettes-it's so neat-reminds me of him lining up his crayons. The dancing is hilarious, too! Their shirts turned out so cute-I love the year written there next to the turkey. I'm putting that in my brain until next year (hope I remember!).