Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mommy Has Left the Building...For One Night, Anyway

I feel like a new person. Really. One overnight trip with friends and no children can do wonders. :) It was so great to go somewhere as "Paula" and not "Mommy." Don't get me wrong. I love being a mommy, but I have to say, it was very nice to leave the house for a little while without that responsibility -- no strollers, no sippy cups, no breaking up fights, no "If I see you do that one more time....." Aaaaaahhhhhh. When we were planning this trip, I was a little nervous. After all, I had never been on an overnight trip away from my kids. Yes, Jacob is almost four years old. You can gasp if you want to. I guess it was about time.
We went to Jacksonville, mainly to see our good friend Tim McGraw. Tim was wonderful and he brought along his new friends, Lady Antebellum. Ok, so we're not really "friends" but I've been listening to Tim McGraw's music for so many years, we might as well be best buds. :) The concert was great and we had tons of fun.

My concert pictures aren't so great.


I must confess, when we began talking about this little trip to Jacksonville, I was secretly hoping a stop at The Cheescake Factory would be involved. Fortunately, everyone else on the trip enjoys food just as much as I do. We went to The Cheesecake Factory. Twice. Good times. We also ate at P.F. Changs -- a restaurant I'd been wanting to try for quite some time. I had heard great things about their food and it didn't disappoint. Looking back on it, this one night getaway may have been more about the food than the concert....and there's nothing wrong with that!



Of course, our restaurants of choice were both conveniently located within a fabulous shopping center. So, I don't have to tell you how we spent the rest of our time. Besides eating and shopping, we did manage to do a little sightseeing in St. Augustine. The weather cooperated with our plans, which made the day even better -- sunny, breezy. It was perfect. I actually got a little sunburned, but that's nothing unusual.



Erika and I raced to the top of the lighthouse. No. Not really. It was more like a casual climb. Still, my calves were not happy with me. But after 219 steps, I do believe they are more toned.



The view from the top.

Shopping, cheesecake...is there anything better? And no, I did not eat the entire piece of cake; but, I came pretty close.



We all had sooo much fun. I can't wait for the next trip...whenever that is.

No comments: