Saturday, March 26, 2011

Does This Mean I am a Soccer Mom?

Jacob is now a soccer player. He played his first game today. Does this mean I am a soccer mom?



He seems to enjoy himself out there on the field. He is an active participant in the game and for that, I am proud of him. If anything, he is getting plenty of exercise! Everyone told me the games are fun (and sometimes hilarious) to watch. Everyone was right. Today's game was certainly entertaining.


Jacob had a lot of fun, despite the early game time. All his games will be at 8:30 AM. Ugh. Later today he told someone that he didn't get enough sleep last night because the lights came on too early. I agree. I could have used a bit more sleep myself, buddy.



I'm actually not sure what the final score was, but I think I'm safe in saying, Jacob's team won by a landslide. After the game Jacob asked if he was getting a trophy. Heath informed him that he wouldn't get a trophy after playing only one game. When he was handed a snack of gatorade, pretzels, and fruit snacks, Jacob said, "Well, if I'm not getting a trophy, I guess a snack will do." Oh, Jacob, you are just too funny!

After the game, we did a few things around town, then headed to Bluffton BBQ for a victory lunch. Jacob and Annabelle (especially Annabelle) really liked the pig who greeted us at the front of the restaurant.


A caterpillar joined us for lunch. Annabelle was fascinated.




I''m excited about this soccer season and more importantly, Jacob is too. We're already looking forward to his next game!

No comments: