Monday, October 31, 2011

October

I love the month of October for several reasons.
  • pumpkins
  • pumpkin patch
  • birthdays
  • birthday parties
  • birthday parties for princesses
  • cake
  • cooler weather (at least for a few days)
  • football
  • Krispy Kreme pumpkin spice doughnuts
  • Pumpkin spice lattes
  • Trunk or Treat
  • the colors of fall
I'm sure I could think of more, but these are the big ones.  I could devote an entire blog post to each one...but I won't.  Let's get real.  I can hardly find the time to write about the important things anymore.  That being said, I better get started while I have a free minute or two!

Simply put, October is a fun month.  It begins with my birthday and ends with Annabelle's.  I love all things pumpkin, so God couldn't have chosen a better month for me to be born.  Is there a better way to celebrate a birthday than with pumpkin spice doughnuts?  I think not.  Except this year, I had to wait a while.  When we drove to Krispy Kreme to get them, they were out.  Can you believe that?  I checked Publix every week.  Nothing.  FINALLY, Friday afternoon, I sent Heath to the store to pick up a few things and he came back with my long-awaited pumpkin spice doughnuts.  For that, he earned the husband of the year award.  I LOVE those doughnuts...and my husband.  :) 

My other October indulgence is the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte.  Mmmmmm.  So good.  But, I can't drink as many as I used to.  I seem to have developed a sensitivity to caffeine.  When I drink a lot of it (i.e. a Starbucks latte, mocha, etc...) I start to feel jittery and light-headed.  Weird.  This doesn't make me happy.  But, as pathetic as this may be, I can't NOT have a pumpkin spice latte.  So, I'm willing to feel light-headed and jittery...at least one time.  It's THAT good.

My birthday fell on a Wednesday this year.  When the kids and I arrived home from church, Heath had birthday cakes (yes, TWO cakes) on the table, party decor hung around the kitchen, and a birthday present waiting on me.  Sweet.  Now that I think about it, I guess he's actually earned two husband of the year awards.  :) 


A perfect little party.

While I can't say I was exactly thrilled about turning another year older, I can truly say that the "growing older" fact really didn't bother me this year. I feel blessed.  Blessed to celebrate another birthday, and blessed to celebrate it with such a loving family.

No comments: