Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkins!!

Pumpkins -- the quintessential items of fall decor.  They are fun to decorate with.  They are fun to carve.  They taste delicious in pies, cakes, doughnuts, cookies, muffins, scones, lattes, etc...  I realize it may sound silly, but their bright orange color just makes me happy.  What's not to love?  Pumpkins are great!

Given my affinity for pumpkins, naturally, a favorite activity for our family is to visit the pumpkin patch. 

Jacob chose his pumpkin fairly quickly.  He stepped off the hayride, ran out into the field, picked up a pumpkin, and he was done. 


Annabelle took her sweet time.  She walked all over the field searching for the perfect one.  "How about this one, Annabelle?" I said (several times).  "This one is just the right size for you."  Every time, I received the same answer:  "No."  Finally, much like an olympic weight-lifter, she grabbed a pumpkin that I'm sure weighed almost as much as she does and announced, "I found it!" 


The pumpkins are the highlight of the pumpkin patch as far as I am concerned, but the farm has a lot more to offer -- a hayride, farm animals to see and pet, a duck race, tricycle race, playground, a giant sandbox, and more.  We spent the entire day there.  It was a perfect, fun-filled, fall afternoon with friends.



 Let the duck race begin!










No comments: