Monday, February 13, 2012

LEGO Master

Jacob is a smart kid.  I often wonder what he will be when he grows up.  A preacher?  A musician?  The president? :)  I've recently learned his goals are much loftier than any of those careers.  He wants to be...get ready, folks...a LEGO Master.  Yes.  A LEGO Master.  That's what he told Aunt JoBeth when she asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up...without hesitation.  The truth is...I believe he already is one.


It's true he's a wiz when it comes to LEGOs.  And he can sit for hours building a single LEGO set without a single break.  The boy loves LEGOs.  If he isn't doing schoolwork, he's building with LEGOs or reading books (sometimes, books about LEGOs).  He lives and breathes LEGOs.  I asked him to clean his room the other day and when I went to check on his progress, I found him, instead, playing with LEGOs.  Likely story.  I confronted him about it and received this reply:  "Mommy, I am cleaning.  When I build with LEGOs, I am cleaning because I pick up LEGO pieces off the floor and put them on my creations."  Oh.  Right.  Ok. 

One of his latest completed sets is the lighthouse.  I'm having trouble posting the video, so CLICK HERE.  He's very proud of this.  He builds these things all by himself, rarely (if ever) asking for help.

A couple more projects:



No comments: