Thursday, June 12, 2008

Looks like a Monet



This morning we had what I'll call a "fingerpainting extravaganza." Katie and Jacob had a blast with the paint. Jacob had only used fingerpaint one other time and he wasn't even a year old yet. In fact, I think he was only about 9 months old. I wasn't sure if Katie would like it or not since she typically does not like to get dirty, but she absolutely loved it and ended up painting three beautiful pictures! She could hardly wait to show her mom and dad.





Jacob had lots of fun too. He did something Katie didn't do -- taste the paint. Although I don't think he really liked it, he just couldn't resist putting his hands in his mouth.

Thanks Heath for letting them wear your T-shirts as smocks! (Heath doesn't know...yet...that I let them wear his shirts!)



Jacob painted two pictures -- one mostly his handprints, and the other, his own special creation. Even with the "smock," he managed to get paint all over his arms and since he also enjoyed walking around in the paint, I decided to hose him down in the yard. Of course, he was thrilled. He had even more fun with the water than he did with the paint!




Here are Jacob's masterpieces. I know what you're thinking -- Are you sure that isn't a Monet?


No comments: