Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Life with Two Children....so far


I can't believe Annabelle is almost a week old already! She is a really good baby and a fabulous sleeper. Although, sleeping can be a bad thing sometimes. I have to wake her up to feed her every 2 hours and, usually, she is not so willing to comply. It's difficult to get her to eat like she should when she would much rather be sleeping. I'm certainly not complaining. Things could be much worse!

I can't say that I have truly experienced what my "everyday" life will be like with two children. Fortunately, I've had help this week, which has been a blessing. I am still not feeling that great and it would be such a challenge to chase Jacob around and take care of the baby (not to mention myself) when I can hardly move. I'm praying I'll start to feel better at least by the weekend.....maybe??? I'm not sure how things will go next week when I'm on my own. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Jacob is a little jealous of his little sister, but he's also starting to take an interest in her as well. The night before last, Heath was holding Annabelle and Jacob walked up to him and said, "Yap...yap...move it.....move it." (Lap...lap...move it.) He didn't like that Annabelle was in HIS daddy's lap and he thought Heath should put her down. BUT...then today, Jacob heard Annabelle crying. He looked at her a couple seconds, then patted her head and said, "sokay...sokay..." (it's okay...it's okay). How sweet. He's also been giving her lots of kisses (out of the blue) and he likes to watch her sleep. He also likes her to hold his finger. I think it's also cute how he says her name -- Ha-buh. I guess Annabelle is a little hard to say.

I was able to get a few of the sweet moments on camera yesterday. Enjoy!


No comments: