Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sleeping is What I Do Best






Annabelle is getting bigger everyday! I'm still amazed at how quickly she's gaining weight. She went from being 6 pounds, 11 ounces to 7 pounds, 5.5 ounces in a week! Can you believe it?? That was last Friday, so at that rate, there's no telling what she weighs today. That is such a huge difference from Jacob when he was her age. It took him forever to gain weight and he was always a little below the curve, so I'm not used to this!

As you can see, Annabelle is a great sleeper. I'm quite certain this is her favorite activity. Can you blame her? She has been waking up a little more in the evenings and later at night, which is fun. She seems so alert and loves to look at lights.
We bought a double stroller last week and I am so excited about it! I can't wait to try it out somewhere other than inside the house. It seems every time I want to take the kids out for a walk, it is almost time to eat or take a nap. We'll get out eventually, I guess. Jacob loves the stroller and I find him sitting in it periodically throughout the day. I think he's excited about Annabelle getting to sit next to him. I took this video the other day. I apologize...you'll have to watch it sideways. I always forget that I am not supposed to take vertical videos with the camera because we can't figure out how to change their on-screen direction. Oops!



BABY GEORGE
While we have baby Annabelle to take care of, it seems Jacob has a new baby of his very own -- Curious George. Nana gave this little monkey to Jacob when Annabelle was born, but none of us had any idea how important it would become. In the past several days, we have had to change George's diaper, take him for a ride in the stroller, let him go to sleep in the baby swing (with a blanket just like Annabelle), and put him to bed in a sleep positioner (just like Annabelle). I found George in Annabelle's car seat this morning, all swaddled in Jacob's blanket. In fact, right at this very moment, I hear Jacob saying, "Oh, my...diaper....oh, my...diaper...change." He has just gone to get a new diaper for George. This is really cracking me up!

Jacob loves Curious George, but we know he loves Annabelle too. At one of Annabelle's weight check doctor visits, Nana and Jacob stayed in the waiting room while I took Annabelle to see the nurse. Jacob was perfectly content playing with the office toys...until he heard a baby crying behind the door. Apparently, Jacob was about to beat down the door trying to get to "Ha-buh" (Annabelle) because he heard her crying and it really upset him. So, the receptionist let him and my mom walk through to find his baby sister. Annabelle was fine. Jacob must have heard another baby crying, but he needed to be sure his sister was ok.

No comments: