Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Nice Trip to Target

If you ever happen to stop by our house on a weekday afternoon and find us not at home, I can almost guarantee you will find us at one of two places: Target or Publix. We go to Target and Publix ALL the time. It seems, everyday, I remember something I should have bought at the store the day before, so back to Target (or Publix) we go. Since these are the two places we visit most often, it shouldn't surprise me that Jacob talks about going to Publix and Target daily.

The other day, Jacob was playing with his airplane. I asked him where the people were going. He said, "On a nice trip." "Oh," I said. "On a nice trip...where?" He looked at me and immediately responded, "Target!" A nice trip indeed. :) Monday morning, as we were leaving StrollerFit, we heard an airplane flying overhead. Jacob spotted it and shouted, "Airplane! Goin' to Target!" He is so funny. All I know is, if I were getting on an airplane, I would want to go somewhere a little more exciting than Target. :)

Jacob is really starting to use his imagination now. I guess he has been for a while, but I'm noticing it more and more. Each stuffed animal is now a real "person." Usually, one of his animals joins us for dinner. He must have his own chair and his own placemat. The other night before he climbed up into his booster seat, Jacob placed his ducky in what is usually Heath's chair. When Heath sat down and moved the duck, Jacob got very upset. "Ducky's chair! Ducky's chair!" He was almost crying. I told Heath that was the ducky's chair to which he said, "Are you kiddin' me? I have to move because he wants the duck to sit here!?!?!?!?" Kinda funny, isn't it? I think so.

I also think it's cute how we'll find Jacob's toys in random places around the house, like this:


I have no idea what this little boy and this rooster were doing here on Annabelle's bassinet. When we found them, Jacob was already in bed.

I know I've posted at least a couple videos of Jacob saying "Cheeeeeeeese" for the camera. We taught him to do this and he does it well! The only bad thing is, he says "cheese" so forcefully, this is the kind of picture we get:


Nostrils flared, mouth open, and a serious face. I guess we need to practice saying "cheese" with a smile! Notice how the strawberries are standing up and the blueberries are together on the side. This wasn't how they were given to him. The berries were mixed together and Jacob wouldn't eat until he finished rearranging them on the plate.

Annabelle still hasn't rolled over. Can you believe it?!? She's soooooo close! She can rotate herself a full 360 degrees though if you lay her on the floor on her back. That's gotta count for something, right? She kicks and rolls back and forth so much, she ends up spinning herself around. Maybe she doesn't roll over because she knows she doesn't have to; not while Jacob is around, anyway. Jacob is always helping her roll over onto her tummy, whether she wants to or not.

She has continued to sleep through the night lately. Hooray! She still wants to eat every three hours during the day, but that's fine with me if the night sleeping continues.



When she is awake, Annabelle is really starting to be fun. She is all smiles, just like Jacob was at her age. She smiles on command at anyone who smiles at her. She loves to "talk" too. We left her in the church nursery for the first time this past Sunday and apparently she did quite a bit of smiling and talking while she was there. She also took a nap....such a good girl! She's very attracted to moving objects and colors too, i.e., the tv. She has actually craned her neck around to see the tv. She also loves to watch Jacob and she'll usually follow him around the room with her eyes.
Time is already flying by with her. I can't believe she's already three months old!

1 comment:

David said...

Vido...video...video...