Monday, July 20, 2009

FINALLY!!!!!! AN UPDATE!!!!

I can't believe it. I am actually sitting down to update the blog. I've been trying to do this for at least a week now, but the small amount of free time I can usually muster up seems to have vanished. We've been busy, busy, busy!!

Hmmmmm....where should I begin? I guess the obvious place is where I left off.........

VBS was tons of fun, but the week after, wasn't. Annabelle got sick with the worst cold she's ever had (and she's had a couple pretty bad ones). She had a terrible cough, a low grade fever, and a stuffy/runny nose. As soon as she got sick, I began praying that it wouldn't spread to her ears and that she wouldn't pass it along to Jacob. Unfortunately, both of those things happened. I took her to the doctor on Monday morning and found out she had a double ear infection. The doctor also checked Jacob's ears, but he was fine...then. He actually didn't get sick until a couple days later. After a few doses of Amoxicillin, Annabelle was beginning to feel much better, even though the cold and cough lingered on. So, of course, as soon as she was getting well, Jacob was getting sick. Wednesday morning, he came down with the cold and the nasty cough.

Even though Jacob was sick and Annabelle wasn't completely well, we still went forward with our plans to visit my Papa. So, Friday morning, we got up, finished packing, and drove down to Florida. Despite the colds and coughs, we had a great time. More about that later. :)

____________________________________

Jacob will not eat until he has said the blessing. As soon as I place his food in front of him at the table, he immediately closes his eyes, puts his hands together, and prays.

His usual prayer goes like this: "Dear God, thank you for this day, dear Lord. Thank you for this food. Amen." Every once in a while, he'll add something else in, like, "Thank you for letting me play my game" or "Thank you...I can eat a cupcake." What is so surprising to me is that he always closes his eyes. Even if someone else says the blessing, he closes his eyes tightly the entire time. no matter how long the prayer may be. He's such a good boy!

No comments: