Saturday, June 27, 2009

All Aboard the Booooo-Woooooo Waaay Expwess!!

We had Vacation Bible School at church last week and this year's theme was The Boomerang Express -- an Australian adventure. I helped out with the third graders which was new for me since I've never really worked with kids past second grade. I have to say, it was a really fun week. Thank you Erika for teaching! We had a great group of kids and I enjoyed working with all of them.

Something I did not enjoy, however, was the "getting up for VBS" part. In order to get Jacob, Annabelle, and myself ready on time, I woke up around 5:00 every morning. Ugh. As far as I'm concerned, 5 AM may as well be the middle of the night. But...you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

Jacob has been listening to the Boomerang Express music for the past month and a half. He loves it. Before last week, he would just listen to the main theme song over and over and over and over and OVER again. Now, he likes all the songs and sings every word. I think he listened to the CD everyday in his class.

You'll understand the title of this post after watching the video.

And here he is singing another VBS song. He loves this CD!

Each day after VBS, I asked Jacob, "What did you learn about today?" He always replied, "learned about Jesus." Sometimes he would throw in, "It was a gweat day!" He woke up every morning and ran down the hall yelling, "Boo-Way Expwess!!!!!" He'll probably be disappointed next week when there's no more VBS, but we'll be back at Island Playground and Mommy Bootcamp, so that should make him happy. :)

No comments: