Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jacob!!!

Wow. My baby boy is three years old. I can hardly believe it. Three years ago today, I woke up feeling "weird", but went to church anyway. After church, I still wasn't feeling that great, but we decided to go to Atlanta Bread Company for lunch anyway. We then went home and a couple hours later, it dawned on me...that "weird feeling" might be labor. I started timing what I thought might be contractions, and sure enough...five minutes apart. We headed to the hospital and three hours later at 8:32 PM, Jacob Edward Duncan made his grand entrance into the world. That moment changed our lives forever :) I love you Jacob!!

I guess, technically, Jacob won't turn three until tonight, but don't tell him that. He is three and proud of it! His birthday party isn't until Saturday, so we're holding the big presents back for a couple more days. We did let him open up one this morning -- a new Imagination Movers CD. He loves it and was thrilled when he realized what it was. We didn't expect any less :) I've gotta say, I love it too.

This morning I said, "It's your birthday! Happy birthday Jacob!!!" He said, "Wight! (Right) Now let's dance!" He cracks me up!




Yesterday, we went shopping for his birthday party and he picked out Mickey Mouse cheese to serve to his guests. He's been thinking about that cheese ever since.

1 comment:

Jo!Beth said...

I can't wait to have Mickey Mouse cheese too! I hope you got enough for the adults! Hahahaha You're such a great mom!!