Thursday, January 21, 2010

Merry Christmas...again!

For the past few years, we've had Christmas with my family in January. It just happens to be a more convenient time for everyone. I don't mind it at all. In fact, it's nice to have a little more shopping time, not to mention, I save a ton of money with all the after Christmas sales! I do love a bargain!
Ever since Christmas, Jacob has been a little jealous of the chair Santa brought for Annabelle. He sits in it all the time and says, "I forgot to tell Santa I wanted a chair!" After hearing this for the fiftieth time, I told my sister about it and she decided she would grant his request and get him a chair of his very own. Jacob could not be happier. He loves his chair. It's just the cutest thing to see him and his sister sitting side by side in their chairs. Sorry...no pictures yet. I'll work on that for a future post.



Annabelle...errrrr....Princess Annabelle loves her new tiara and bracelets. She's not even 15 months old yet and already a huge fan of jewelry. She's easy to please right now, though. Even a cookie cutter will suffice as a bracelet. She pulls them out of the kitchen cabinet everyday (and I mean EVERYDAY) and wears them around the house until I make her put them away. Now, she has real bracelets...except I think Jacob has hidden several of them underneath the refrigerator. I'm not sure if they'll ever again see the light of day.





The slinky was another big hit with Jacob...and all the adults!

As soon as Annabelle unwrapped the duck pillow, she laughed, smiled, and gave it a hug.


Ummm...will someone please pick up this trash?


So....I thought this cookie cake would be fairly simple. I mean, all you do is make the cake batter, pour it in the pan, bake it, then slap some icing in the middle for the filling. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, here's the kicker: before you pour in the cake batter, you have to prepare the pan. This cookie pan has LOTS of little designs on the top, as well as scalloped edging. I meticulously greased both pans for no less than an hour, making sure I had every little detail sufficiently covered. I even used a q-tip to get all the tiny places. I made the batter, poured it in the pans, baked it just as instructed, then waited a few minutes for it to cool. With the amount of time I spent preparing the pans, I had no worries at all about the cake sticking to them. I was overly confident. Both layers stuck. I was so disappointed. Oh well. I'll be the first to admit, I'm no Cake Boss. The cake wasn't exactly pretty, but it still tasted good. And I guess, when it comes down to it, "taste" is what really matters, right?

1 comment:

Jo!Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.