Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Conversations With Jacob


You know that old saying, "Kids say the darndest things"? Well, they do. Jacob is living proof. a conversation with Jacob is quite an adventure. An adventure where you don't know where you're going or what will happen next. It's fun, entertaining, and always good for a laugh...or several.


On the way home from church last Wednesday night:
Jacob: Know what, Mommy?
Me: What, Jacob?
Jacob: Gwacie helped me take off my coat because I couldn't do it by myself.
Me: Well, that was very nice of her, wasn't it?
Jacob: Yes. It was. I couldn't do it by myself and I was getting too hot.
Me: I'm glad she helped you. Did you play with Gracie and Wayne tonight?
Jacob: Yes....but Wayne threw a toy at my face.
Me: Oh, no! Was it an accident?
Jacob: Yes. It was. But he threw a toy at my face and it hurt and I was sad, but then I put a smile on my face and I was happy!
Me: You put a smile on your face?
Jacob: Yes. I did. I put a smile on my face and then I was so happy!
Me: I'm glad you were happy.

A couple minutes later, we pulled up to the Chik-Fil-A drive-thru menu to order....
Jacob: Hey...do you want a number one hamburger?
Me: No, Chik-Fil-A doesn't have hamburgers. Only chicken.
Jacob: Oh. Do you know what I can't get enough of?
Me: No. What?
Jacob: Chicken nuggets!!! I want more, but I just can't get enough! Do you know what my favorite food is at Chik-Fil-A?
Me: What is your favorite food?
Jacob: A fwuit cup!


For a snack today, I gave him a little bag of rice chex cereal mixed with some craisins. He's always loved craisins. Apparently, that love has dwindled. As he and Annabelle sat on the kitchen floor eating their snacks together, this is what I heard:
Jacob: "Ooooooh! A yummy chex! (crunching sound) Oooooooh! A yucky craisin.....here, Annabelle."

I'm not sure how long this had been going on, but it was long enough for Annabelle to have a mouth full of "yucky craisins."


Yesterday, he was playing in the living room when all of a sudden, he ran up to me.
Jacob: Know what? We're gonna have a birthday party for Annabelle!
Me: We are? But it's not her birthday.
Jacob: Yes it is...do you wanna have a dance party and a music party?
Me: Sure! That sounds like fun!
Jacob: Ok! Let's dance and listen to lots of Christmas music! This will be the best birthday party ever!
Then, he played the demo music on his grand piano and began to dance away. He tried to get Annabelle to dance with him, but she preferred to dance alone. She let him know by screaming at him and slapping his head. Not very ladylike, I know, but it did the trick.

No comments: