Thursday, June 3, 2010

Playtime Fun and Conversations

I remember Jacob hitting a certain age where he began copying everything he saw and heard. Whatever I said, he repeated. If I stood a certain way, he stood that way too. If I made a face, he tried to make that same face.

This is where Annabelle is now. She mimics everything. Jacob, however, has advanced beyond simply copying and now questions everything he sees and hears. For example, the other day, I was frustrated about something and let out a big, "uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhh!!!!" Immediately after, I heard Annabelle mimic my frustration in her version of an "uuuuuugggggghhhhh!!!" while Jacob looked at me and said, "Mommy, what did you go 'uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh' for?" Hearing both of them respond in different ways made me laugh and forget my frustrations for a few moments. They are just so funny!!

Jacob and Annabelle love to play with sand. They've been spending a great deal of time in their little sandbox in our backyard. Somehow, Annabelle always ends up with a mountain of sand in her diaper. It's as if she takes a shovel and pours it right in; although, I've never actually seen her do that. While she digs in the sand and throws it ALL OVER THE PLACE, Jacob is usually busy creating something -- his imagination, hard at work.


Bless her little heart, Annabelle seems destined to forever have a bruised forehead. She has had a bruise right in the middle of her forehead for almost a month. When one bruise finally vanishes, along comes another. How does she get these bruises? Well, she ran into the corner of the wall and created the first one. The second came as a result of a little shove down the slide at church (compliments of her big brother.) Then after that, she climbed up onto the toilet and fell off, bumping her head on the corner of the stainless steel trash can. Ouch!



Jacob is one smart cookie and doesn't let us forget it. The other night after dinner, we each had a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll for dessert. Side note: I sent Heath to the store for milk and a can of kidney beans. He came back with Little Debbies. :) Anyway, after we had finished our dessert, Heath grabbed a box of Hot Tamales candy and began eating them. Here is the conversation that followed:
Jacob: Ooooooh, Daddy....I want some of those. Can I have some of those?
Heath: No. You had a swiss cake roll for dessert.
Jacob: Well.....what did you have????
Touche.

No comments: