Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tribal Warrior Princess

Kids are noisy. It's just a fact. They are, by nature, loud. At least mine are. They are always yelling, screaming, singing, playing drums, laughing, crying, etc... -- just having fun! It's when they get quiet (and not in your sight) that you need to worry. Usually, if things are quiet (too quiet), you can bet they are up to no good.

The other day as I was sitting in the living room folding laundry, I listened to Jacob and Annabelle playing in Jacob's room. I heard the sounds of several toys. I heard them laughing and talking to each other. I heard the music of drums and little pianos. It never got quiet. I never worried. As I got toward the end of my laundry pile, I called their names. Annabelle came running in with a big grin on her face, pointing at at large blue spot on her arm. But she didn't just have a blue spot on her arm, it was all over her face.

Upon seeing my little blue daughter, I quickly ran to Jacob's room (a.k.a. Big Brother's Tattoo Parlor). Jacob was sitting on the floor, blue sharpie in hand, eyes tightly closed because he knew he had done something wrong. I scanned him and the rest of his room to see if anything else had "mysteriously" been colored blue. Nope. Just his sister. While Jacob spent a few minutes in the time out corner, I spent a few minutes on the internet, searching for ways to remove sharpie marker from skin.

Although I freaked out a little, Annabelle was perfectly happy with her new tribal warrior tattoos. I walked her over to a mirror so she could see exactly what her brother had done to her and she giggled with delight. She loved it. Since I wasn't quite as thrilled with her body art, I proceeded to get the ink off. After reading a number of "remedies" from using mineral oil to fingernail polish remover, I decided to try Wet Ones (antibacterial wipes). It worked. A few wipes later, the blue was gone and I had a nice, clean, germ-free baby.

Jacob said he didn't know why he did it. He just wanted to color. I was upset that he colored on his sister...with a sharpie marker....but I have to admit, the marks on her face were interesting. They looked like Chinese characters. What can I say? He's an artist...on any canvas.

Oh, one more funny thing.....See the picture of Annabelle sitting in the corner? She was sitting across from her brother, who was in time out. Of course, she couldn't let him sit there by himself -- especially after he had done such a great job on her tribal warrior princess tattoos.

No comments: