Friday, August 20, 2010

Summertime, and the livin' is easy

There is only one word to appropriately describe this summer -- H-O-T! Jacob and Annabelle love playing outside, so we've been forced to endure the miserable heat and humidity. At least we have the giraffe pool to help cool us down,


Believe it or not, we've only been to the beach one time this summer. I am almost ashamed to admit that. It's just so hard to watch the kids at the beach by myself and our weekends have been too busy for Heath and I to go. Erika came along on this particular trip. So....we may have only been to the beach one time so far this summer, but that one time was fun!!



Both kids love playing along the shoreline where the waves come crashing in around their feet. That's where we spent most of our time. I was a little surprised. Annabelle really likes playing in sand, so I thought she would want to dig holes and make sand piles. I was wrong. She played in the sand a little bit, but not nearly as long as I thought she would.



As if the beach wasn't fun enough, we went for cupcakes afterwards....and what was already a great day....became even greater.

Thanks, Mom!!



Oh, yes...she ate an ENTIRE cupcake...in record time. She's proud of herself. Can you tell?


Jacob was more interested in the icing than the cake. Once he had licked off all the sugary goodness, he was done. Annabelle, of course, was ready to devour any leftovers, but much to her dismay, I removed the cake before she could dig her little fingers into it. No, I did not eat it. One cupcake was enough for me, too.

No comments: