Monday, August 9, 2010

Is That a Sandwich or a Birthday Cake?



Friday was a big day -- the last day of the summer preschool session AND Jacob's birthday. Even though we had a party planned for the next day, of course, he had to have a school party too.

He had the best time. He even got to stand up on the stage while the big kids in summer camp sang happy birthday to him. Then we sang to him again when it was time for cake.

For the preschool party, I made a peanut butter and jelly "cakewich." Heath's mom gave me this cake pan shaped like a slice of bread. It came with a recipe and I couldn't wait to try it out!




Jacob, as well as the kids in his class, were most definitely amused. And, let's be honest. So was I. :) What a fun cake!!

Proud moment: One of the kids looked at the cake and said, very excitedly, "Wow! Where did you get that?!?!" Jacob replied, "It's my birthday cake!" His classmate said, "I know...but what store did you get it from?" Jacob yelled, "It didn't come from a store. My Mommy MADE it!" :)

No comments: