Monday, October 25, 2010

Bye-Bye Babyhood!

It's official. Annabelle has graduated from babyhood. We even have a certificate to prove it.



The certificate states,"Annabelle.....has graciously met all of the requirements of receiving her first haircut and has graduated from babyhood on the 21 day of October in the year of 2010."

It took quite a while, but Annabelle's hair finally reached the point where it was time for a trim. I debated for several days on whether I should let her bangs continue to grow or have them cut. The bangs won. We're going to keep them for a bit.



The Little Mermaid

Annabelle was on her best behavior that evening. She sat perfectly still in the chair, taking in the scenery. I couldn't believe it. I can't remember ever seeing her so calm. I fully expected her to climb all over the chair and up the walls -- not that night. Perhaps it was the promise of a sucker at the end if she was good. Jacob had informed her that "Mr. Jerry will give you a sucker if you're good for your haircut." Jacob was correct. In fact, Annabelle was SO good, she was allowed to have two.


Although her First Haircut Certificate clearly states that Annabelle is no longer a baby, I beg to differ. I say, she is STILL a baby...at least for a few more days. She does look a little older with her new haircut, though. Don't you think?

I realize this isn't the greatest "after" picture, but as soon as she got down from the chair, she immediately regained her "wild child" status and would not be still...not even for a split second. While Jacob was getting his haircut, I chased Annabelle around with the camera. I tried my best to get a good shot of her, but she decided playing with the water cooler was more fun than having her picture taken. I was forced to put the camera away in an attempt to keep her from flooding the shop.

No comments: