Thursday, September 1, 2011

Yes, I didn't!

Annabelle loves stickers.

"I want a snack!" Annabelle yelled as she ran into the kitchen.  "Annabelle, you just had a banana," I said.  "That was your snack."  She quickly responded, "Yes, I didn't."  Well, she was partially right. 

This is her new favorite line right now -- "Yes, I didn't." 
Me:  "Annabelle, I just saw you put a LEGO in your mouth."
Annabelle: "Yes, I didn't."

Me:  "Annabelle, you can not have more juice.  You just drank a juice box."
Annabelle:  "Yes, I didn't."

Her other favorite line is "The Bible says not to **insert behavior / activity here**"  Sometimes she uses it in the form of a question.

Me:  "Annabelle, this is your warning.  You will go to time out if you do that again."
Annabelle:  "No, the Bible says not to go to time out."

Me:  "Annabelle, do not put LEGOs in your mouth!"
Annabelle:  "Oh, the Bible says not to eat yeggos (LEGOs)?"

Me:  "Jacob, do not hit your sister!"
Annabelle:  "Jacob, the Bible says...NOT..TO...HIT!!"

Oh..they wear me out and crack me up all at the same time.  :)

These days, Annabelle can be found (at all times) caring for a baby...or two...or three.  It might be a baby doll, stuffed animal, or sometimes Fisher-Price Little People, but she is always taking care of someone.  She pushes her dolls, animals and Little People around in the doll stroller with a diaper bag hanging from the handle.  She may stop for a few moments to build with her LEGOs -- which Jacob so graciously gave her after he got so many "big boy" LEGOs for his birthday -- but then, she goes back to the babies, changing their diapers, feeding them bottles and snacks, and comforting them when they cry.  She loves babies.  So much so that Jacob asked her the other day,"Annabelle, what do you want to be when you grow up?  A mommy?"  Then he told her she would have to wait until she grows up.  He ended the speech with, "Look at mommy.  She is all grown up and she is already a mommy.  Isn't that cool?"

Speaking of Jacob, I have a quick story about him.  Last Sunday, I taught his class during the worship service.  One of the younger children had to take a potty break.  I stepped just outside the door to make sure she made it to the bathroom.  As I was standing there, Jacob came out and said, "Hey Mommy...I took over for you while you were gone.  You are the teacher and I am a piece of you because I am yours, so I was the teacher while you were gone."  All I could say was, "Thank you, Jacob."  That boy never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: