Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rapping, Preaching, Dancing and other Shenanigans

As I folded laundry in the living room the other day, I heard Jacob talking...errr...preaching....errrrr.....rapping...in the next room. I put down the shirt I was about to fold and peeked around the corner to find this:



There he sat, at his little blue table, with his Bible open and his lantern on...preaching and rapping away. The preaching thing, I get. His grandfather is a pastor. Maybe it's in the genes. :) But the rapping? I can't say I can recall my dad ever rapping from the pulpit. That thought makes me laugh just visualizing it. :)

I am sure the VBS music had something to do with it. Jacob and Annabelle had been listening to Why Don't You, which begins with a rap, A LOT. They listened (and danced) to all the other VBS songs as well.



They love to dance! Neither one of them can listen to music without moving to the beat. I love it!

A few weeks ago, we visited Uncle Phil and Aunt Shelli for the weekend. Even though it was just as hot where they live as it was at our house, we still had a great time! And we're still SO EXCITED that Jacob and Annabelle will have a new cousin in January! Bets are still on as to whether it's a boy or a girl. Hopefully, they'll find out soon!

While we packed the car to head out for the weekend, the kids were being silly...especially Annabelle. And she looked so cute in her pigtails, I had to take a few pictures. :)


We walked around a local park one day where there was a playground and a water play area for kids. Annabelle loved it! She climbed on everything she could climb. She slid down all the slides and she ran through the giant fountain...several times. I'm surprised we were able to get her to lay her purse down to play. The girl loves purses. She had just gotten that purple purse earlier in the day and wouldn't remove it from her arm.


So where was Jacob? Well, he had fallen asleep in the car on the way to the park. We just put him in Annabelle's stroller and let him continue his nap.


Annabelle was hesitant at first, but after she got a little wet, she headed straight for the center. She laughed and ran and played and had a great time! A big thanks goes to Uncle Phil, who graciously offered his nice shirt as a towel when Annabelle came out of the fountain. I had dry clothes for her, but hadn't thought about needing a towel!


Jacob slept the entire time. I thought I should take a couple pictures of him so he would believe us when we told him he was there. :)

The next day, after church, Jacob got to open a birthday present. A NEW CARS 2 LEGO SET!!!! Thank you Uncle Phil and Aunt Shelli!


No comments: