Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dance Dance Dance

Last week, at CC, Jacob learned about Tchaikovsky.  That morning, the class listened to several pieces of music by the great composer, including a few from The Nutcracker.  As they listened, one little girl couldn't contain herself.  She had to get up and dance.  I smiled as I watched this little ballet dancer perform for us -- so beautiful, so graceful -- and I couldn't help but think of the contrast between her ballet dancing and the sort of "dancing" that happens at our house. 


Nope.  No ballet at our house.  It's more like...breakdancing.  In any case, it's fun and Jacob and Annabelle both make me laugh with their "signature" moves.  You know Jacob is getting serious with his dancing when he disappears from the room and returns wearing a backwards baseball cap.  I love that kid.

Maybe Annabelle will want to take ballet at some point, but for now, I think she'd rather roll around on the floor, do flips off the side of the sofa and jump off the coffee table...all while wearing a Tinkerbell dress.  That's my girl.



1 comment:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hahahahahaha! That explains your reaction in CC last week :) Love how they are each their own little person!