Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Photo Session

A couple weeks ago, Jacob and I went to Portrait Innovations to have his pictures taken. I scheduled the appointment so that he would be able to eat lunch, then nap on the way (it's about a two hour drive). As soon as he finished eating, we jumped in the car and were on our way. Just as I had hoped, he fell asleep before we even made it to the interstate -- perfect. BUT.....about 45 minutes later, he woke up crying. I think he had a stomachache from drinking his juice too fast. I gave him diluted juice with his lunch and he drank the entire cup in about two minutes. Hmmmm....wonder where he gets that from? After a few minutes of crying and asking to get out, he finally settled down for the rest of the drive; however, he never did go back to sleep. When we finally made it to our destination, I was feeling a little anxious because I know how challenging Jacob can be when he hasn't had his full nap.


If you would have been at the studio watching our photo session, you would never believe we were able to get several great pictures. Jacob would NOT cooperate at all. He was only interested in eating the Cheez-its I accidentally let him see in his diaper bag. He whined and cried and screamed and cried almost the entire time. I was so embarrassed and kept apologizing to the photographer for Jacob's unruly behavior. I kept explaining how he's usually a wonderful little boy, but that he didn't take a full nap. I think she understood, but I still felt bad that she had to deal with us.....especially since right before our session, I overheard her say they had been incredibly busy all day and she hadn't even been able to take a lunch break.


All I can say is, that girl is a fabulous photographer. She was so patient and I can't believe how many good pictures she was able to take. Amazing. Here are a few from the day -- the good and the not so good!

I do not want to do this.


Ooooooooooooh....a big block!

Look everybody! I've got cheez-its stuck in my teeth!


Tell me again.....why am I doing this?

My fellow Americans........

Whaaaaaaaaaa! I can't take this any longer!

Wooo-hooooo! I am OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe she caught me.


Ok...you want cute? Just look at me!

Ta-dah! Now may I PLEASE have my snacks???????!?!?!?!

No comments: