Thursday, December 18, 2008

Coffee Anyone? Fresh Off the Floor!

Jacob loves playing with his grocery store register and all the pretend foods. He's always bringing me different foods and/or making me a sandwich or something. Yesterday, while I was trying to get a few things done around the house, he kept bringing me his little milk carton and saying it was coffee. "Coffee..good!," he told me. "Want some more?" Each time, I would say "Yes, please," and he would take the milk carton and return with more "coffee." This went on for a while. As I was putting clothes in the dryer, I began to smell the very strong aroma of coffee. This is what I found when I walked into the kitchen:

Jacob had taken the coffee pods from the pantry, opened a couple, and poured them out onto the floor, making our house smell like Starbuck's. As you can see, he was very proud of himself. "Coffee!!!" he exclaimed. He had also found hot chocolate packets, but fortunately, he didn't open any of those. Well, I don't know...maybe he should have opened them. The chocolate combined with the coffee may have created a nice mocha scent. Anyway, after taking a quick picture, I proceeded to clean up the mess. With Jacob around, our Dirt Devil Kone sure gets a workout.

Annabelle sure is getting big. She's outgrown her newborn diapers and graduated to a size 1. I wish they made a diaper in between the two because although the newborns are too small, the size 1 diapers are still a little big. The tape overlaps quite a bit in the front. Oh well. As long as they don't leak, I am ok with it!

I'm still waiting to see her first "real" smile. Every time I think she's actually smiling, it's been followed up by a huge spit up. I remember waiting on Jacob's first smile. When he finally did smile at me, I knew it was the real thing. Annabelle will be smiling and laughing soon, I just know it!

Can you believe this warm weather? We went for a walk this morning and it was actually hot! It is mid December and I am wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Is it really almost Christmas? I am still loving the stroller, by the way. This was the first time Annabelle has ridden in it without being in her car seat. Both she and Jacob enjoyed the ride. Can't you tell?

Playtime with Hah-Buh

He can say Annabelle if he pronounces it slowly, but for the most part, Jacob calls his sister Hah-Buh. I wonder if this is something that will stick. Will he be calling Annabelle Hah-Buh forever? Whatever he calls her, he does love her. He's constantly smothering her with hugs and kisses....literally. He'll lay on top of her when she's in her bouncy seat and say, "I yuv her." (I love her.) Really cute. I think Annabelle is going to be a tough little girl. She'll have to be with her crazy brother around :) She's only a month old and already she's been hit in the head with a toy guitar, kicked, and head-butted -- all, thanks to her loving big brother. Amazingly, whenever one of these little accidents occurrs, she hardly ever cries. She's probably used to it. I think she got a taste of all these things even before she was born.

This video is from a couple days ago (pre haircut). Jacob got a much needed haircut yesterday. His hair grows so fast now!

No comments: