Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Storytime with Jacob

Reading books is one of Jacob's favorite activities. He loves books! Some of his favorites are from the If You Give... series (If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, If You Give a Moose a Muffin, etc...) I must admit, I am a big fan of these too. :) We read to him all the time and since we end up reading the same stories over and over again (Jacob's choice), he memorizes them and reads the books back to us.

For today's storytime, Jacob will be reading If You Give a Pig a Pancake and If You Give a Cat a Cupcake.


Not ready for storytime to be over yet? If you have a little extra time, sit back and listen to Jacob read Max's Valentine and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.




Annabelle decided to do a little talking of her own this morning. After I took this video, I realized she is in the exact same spot as she was in the last video I posted...and wearing the exact same clothes. What can I say? I guess she just likes her bassinet...and that outfit!


Mr. Monkey Update
So far, so good. As of tonight, we will have been without Mr. Monkey for a week. Jacob has grown more and more attached to Mr. Monkey's cousin, as well as a little stuffed cat we bought the day Mr. Monkey disappeared. Santa did send a new Mr. Monkey in the mail. It arrived yesterday. It is a lot different than the old one though. Besides the fact that it is much cleaner and not germ infested, the blanket is satin on both sides. Mr. Monkey had a soft, plush fabric on one side and that's what Jacob liked to hold onto. The monkey is also more brown. When I gave it to him, Jacob said, "Mr. Monkey a bown head." I guess, since he likes Mr. Monkey's cousin, Santa really didn't need to buy a new Mr. Monkey at all. Anyone need a lovey??

This is the last picture we ever took of Mr. Monkey. It was taken the day before he was lost.



Before I end this post, I have a quick, funny story. Going to the grocery store is always an adventure with Jacob. It's always a toss up whether he's going to be "good Jacob" or "not so good Jacob." Yesterday, he screamed and fussed pretty much the whole time we shopped. At least Annabelle slept through it, so I didn't have two fussy kids....until the ride home. Anyway.....Jacob loves mini cheddar cheese rice cakes, so I bought a bag. He calls them cheesecakes. As soon as he saw me grab them off the shelf, he started begging, "Cheesecakes....cheesecakes....CHEESECAKES!!!!!!!" He had already eaten fruit snacks, so I told him he couldn't have any cheesecakes right now. I refused to give in. He tried and tried to open that bag, but was unsuccessful....until.....all of a sudden, the bag popped. It sounded like a gunshot. Everyone around us jumped and one lady's arms went flying into the air because it startled her so much. I think it startled Jacob too...for a second. Then he proceeded to eat the cheesecakes that were now all over the place. That really grossed me out. Just think of all the germs!! When we got to the checkout counter, a couple people unloaded my buggy (I love the service at Publix) and one of them noticed the busted bag of rice cakes and asked me if I still wanted them. I was going to buy them since Jacob opened them, but they insisted on getting me a new bag. Let me say this again....I love the service at Publix! So, I learned my lesson. From now on, the cheddar cheese rice cakes will be far out of Jacob's reach.
Christmas Pictures
We celebrated Christmas again over the weekend since my sister and her boyfriend came down from D.C. Here are a few pictures:


Hello Gorgeous!

Any requests?

David, JoBeth and the child prodigy. He plays the piano, the guitar, and soon...the drums. Aunt JoBeth and David bought him a drum set for Christmas. Thanks. ;)

No comments: