Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Bites

Food is a wonderful thing. (Boy, that's profound, huh?) I love a good meal, especially one that ends with dessert, preferably chocolate. Yum. By the way, if you haven't tried the Midnight Truffle blizzard from Dairy Queen, you should. It is delicious!! I just finished eating one and am now feeling a tad guilty for indulging. Oh well. I think it was well worth it.

Funny that I decided to have a blizzard tonight after having several "fat days" this week. Ever had one of those? If you say no, you're lying. You know, one of those days when everything you put on looks or feels too tight...when everything makes you look fat...when you look in the mirror and....whoa...helloooooo, muffin top! I don't necessarily like "fat days," but they do provide excellent motivation to work out extra hard, which is what I plan to do (especially after eating that blizzard)!

So, back to my original statement...food is a wonderful thing........



Annabelle has now entered the world of solid foods. Well, sort of. She had her first taste of rice cereal on Saturday. Baby's first rice cereal is more like rice soup, but it is considered solid food, nonetheless. I forgot how messy this stuff can be. In, it goes and out, it comes. Her bath schedule has changed from nighttime, to immediately after she eats cereal. :)

She still isn't proficient at eating from a spoon, but it's only been a week. I don't think she really cares for the "yummy" rice cereal either. Maybe she'll enjoy sweet potatoes. We'll see. That will be her next food. Jacob loved sweet potatoes, but he also loved the rice cereal. He was such a big eater. I still think it's funny that complete strangers would come up to me in restaurants to comment on how much my baby was eating. "I've never in my life seen a baby eat so much!" they would say. One woman told me she was sure Jacob would grow up to be a football player if he kept eating like that. His eating has tapered off quite a bit, but then, he does have those occasional bottomless pit days, like last week when he ate four bananas.

1-2-3- close your eyes!
The other day, I dressed Jacob and Annabelle in their brother / sister shirts and decided to take a few pictures. This is, by far, the funniest one. I laugh out loud every time I see it.


And no, I did not ask them to close their eyes (as if they would listen). It was a total coincidence that they both blinked when the flash went off.

Side note: I am very upset right now. I had so many more cute pictures to post, but something went terribly wrong with our memory card and all the pictures and videos I took this week are gone (along with several other older photos that I never transferred to the computer). Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh! Technology can be so aggravating sometimes!

1 comment:

Heather B said...

Katie and I burst out laughing at Annabelle eating food...when she turned and looked at the camera and smiled...it was hilarious!!