Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fun at The Dentist Office

Are you perplexed by the title? The dentist...FUN?????? Is that possible? It is if you're two! I took Jacob to the dentist for the first time today and it went extremely well. The whole experience was fantastic! I wish grown-ups could go to pediatric dentists!

Even the waiting room was great. While we waited, Jacob played a bowling game on a Wii (well...sort of. He really just waved the wii-mote around...a lot!) and watched a movie in the movie room with another little boy. While they were "watching" the movie, the little boy looked at me and said, "You know what?......when my Mommy and Daddy were little, they jumped off a bridge." I wasn't really sure what he was talking about, but before I could even respond, Jacob chimed in. "I yuv my Daddy...I yuv him." (yuv means love, in case you didn't know). I dont know where that came from, but it was very sweet.

When it was Jacob's turn to have his teeth cleaned, he climbed into the big green chair like he knew exactly what to do. At first, he was a little hesitant to lay all the way back, but that didn't last long...especially when he saw the TV on the ceiling. The hygenist let him choose which toothpaste flavor he wanted. They have so many flavors! Jacob chose chocolate chip cookie dough. Weird, huh? Throughout the cleaning process, Jacob kept saying, "Mmmmmmm...dat's yummy!" When his teeth were all clean, he got to pick out a toy from the toy box and he had already gotten a Spiderman sticker when he got up in the chair. Cookie dough toothpaste...a sticker...a toy.....he was a happy camper!
As soon as we got home, Jacob took his little bag with his new toothbrush, floss and vanilla ice cream flavored toothpaste (I kinda want to try that) and ran to the bathroom sink. "Brush my teeth! Brush my teeth" he yelled. Unfortunately, I couldn't let him brush his teeth because of the flouride treatment he received. He can't brush until tomorrow morning. He actually cried because he couldn't brush his teeth.

I am sooooo happy Jacob did so well today. I knew he would. He's always been good for the doctor, so I figured he'd behave the same way for the dentist. I remember my first trip to the dentist. It was about as far from fun as you can get. I remember sitting in the big chair crying and screaming. Mom was sitting in the room across from me. I kept yelling, "I just want to give my mama a hug!" but the dentist wouldn't let me. I was terrified. I don't know why. I'm sure he was a perfectly nice man. And he just wanted to clean my teeth.

Why are people so afraid of the dentist? I've actually known people who have only been to the dentist once in their life because they are too scared to go back. I wouldn't say I enjoy going to the dentist, but it's not terrible. I guess I've just gotten used to it. In fact, at my last visit, I didn't even scream to give my mama a hug. :)

A FEW RANDOM PICTURES



Sometimes when Annabelle is supposed to be taking a nap, I'll walk past her room and see two little eyes (or one, in this picture) peeking up at me through the slats. So cute!



Walking in Daddy's shoes


I don't know why he decided to lay on the floor, but Jacob loves his frog raincoat! He wore it a lot last week!

I call this.....Chocolate Heaven! While visiting my parents a couple weeks ago, we ate at a great deli and I had to order this cake for the pure novelty of it. I mean, have you ever seen a slice of cake so big??? I also heard it calling my name from the dessert case when we walked in. Yes...I shared...a little. :)

No comments: