Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good Morning and Good Night

A typical day at our house includes all kinds of activities including: kicking and throwing balls in the yard, blowing bubbles, lots of tickling and chasing, singing songs and "dancing," playing in the sandbox, making lunches, naptime (for Jacob), rest time (for Katie), etc.... By the end of the day, I am usually exhausted! But we have so much fun, I wouldn't trade these days for anything. I am so happy to be able to spend every day with Jacob right now and I know there are moms out there who would give anything to stay at home with their children. I feel incredibly blessed.

Even when I am exhausted at the day's end, Jacob's bathtime is always entertaining. He loves the water -- always has. I think for a little while when he was tiny, he didn't really like the water in his face, but that phase passed quickly and now he can't get enough of it. He used to squirt water in his face with his squirt toys, but now he's graduated to pouring it over his head from a big cup -- much more effective. At the end of this video, I was trying (unsuccessfully) to get him to say alligator. His pronunciation of alligator is "eye-yi-oh." This was taken last week when he still called a phone an "Mmm-bah," which he said when he heard the phone ringing. Now, he calls a phone a "dom." We're getting closer!


Some of the sweetest moments are when I am rocking him just before bed at night. We say a little prayer and at the end he says "Aaa-min." He used to say "Amy." Then I sing 4 songs ending with the Winnie the Pooh song. At the end of that one, he always points to his Pooh Bear and says, "Pooh." Then he sits up and says, "Bet...bet.....bet," which means he is ready to get in his bed. He loves his bed and I rarely have any problems with him at naptime either. As long as he has his Mr. Monkey, little red bear and blanket to cover up with, he's happy -- oh, and his musical rainforest helps too.

Jacob always wakes up in a good mood (unless he's sick.) He never yells or cries to get out of his crib. He talks and sings to himself until Heath or I go get him and just in the past few days, he's started saying "Munning" whenever you tell him "Good Morning." It's adorable! And yes, he is wearing Christmas pajamas in this video. Hey, they still fit him and does it really matter if they have snowmen and snowflakes on them? Jacob likes them!

To me, the good morning and good night times are some of the most precious moments -- moments I will treasure forever...and moments, so I'm told, will pass by all too quickly.

______________________________________

I took this last video this morning -- another "good morning" video. I thought I would post it so you could hear Jacob's latest phrase / question: "What's this?" He learned this one from Katie and says it all the time now.

No comments: