Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday, Jacob!!

Birthday to you.....birthday to you......birthday to you


That's what Jacob has been singing ever since his birthday party on August 2nd. It's so cute!! He's been dancing for quite a while, but now he's turned into a little singer! I can't believe he's two years old already! Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday we were having his first birthday party and now he's two!

We celebrated the occasion at Island Playground. He invited several of his friends from church and I think everyone had a great time, parents included. In fact, I think some of the parents enjoyed themselves even more than their kids! Island Playground is loads of fun! Of course, I took about a million pictures. Here are a few of them:



Jacob loves these little cars. He especially liked this police car.


"Dumpin'! Dumpin'! Dumpin'!" ( That's how Jacob says "jumping")






Choo-choo tain! (Jacob leaves out the "r" in train)



Mmmmmmmmmmmmm........too take. (Jacob does say "Pooh," but when he combines it with "cake," it comes out as "too take."


More please! I think he actually had 2 1/2 pieces of cake that morning! ONLY on his birthday will that ever happen!!


Look Mom! Can you believe this?? I got some monkey slippers!!!!!

Jacob colored a "birthday t-shirt" right before we left to comemmorate the occasion. He actually did a very good job!


The fun continued when we got home. Since we wanted to give the kids as much playtime as possible at the playground, Jacob opened most of his presents at home.


This is what happens after a morning at the playground, 2 1/2 pieces of cake, a couple slices of pizza, and a full afternoon of opening presents and playing with toys. I don't understand why they thought they needed a nap. Do you?



Again, this year, I decided to bake the birthday cake which, again, turned out to be a lot more work than expected. BUT, I was really pleased at how it turned out. A HUGE thanks to Erika for coming over and helping me get it done. I would never attempt something like this alone, but Erika is great at these things. Just like last year, we worked on it until almost 1:00 AM. In case anyone's interested, here's the "cake progression" from beginning to end:




Based on my previous baking experiences, I couldn't believe the cake didn't stick to the pan!


Ok, so maybe the edges could be a little smoother, but smoothing that stuff out is harder than you would think.


Check out my mad Winnie the Pooh icing skills!!

Almost done!


Ta-Dah! The finished product.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hey! Love the pictures...that cake does look great, if I do say so myself. You did a great job and didn't really need me. I love helping though! Hope you enjoyed your vacation...can't wait to talk to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!