Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Neverending Chore.....

Laundry. It’s the one chore that never seems to end. Our washer and dryer run 24/7…or at least it sure seems that way. Our family keeps the Tide, Dreft and Spray-n-Wash companies in business. Lucky for me, I don’t mind doing laundry. I mean, it’s not my favorite pastime, but I enjoy laundry a lot better than say, cleaning a toilet. I don’t mind sorting the clothes. I don’t mind throwing them in the washer. I don’t mind throwing them in the dryer or hanging them up to dry. I don’t even mind folding laundry. But, when it comes to putting the clothes away, that’s a whole different story.

What is it about putting clothes away that is so annoying? I detest this chore. I know I am not alone in feeling this way because I have talked about this very thing with several other people who also hate to put clothes away. Right now as I type, there are many, many, MANY piles of stacked clothing sitting around my living room just begging to be put in their rightful places. I, however, am choosing to ignore them and instead update the blog. At any given time, if you come to my house (unannounced) you are likely to find the coffee table (and possibly the loveseat) covered with laundry, all neatly stacked and organized according to its owner. Do you think I could hire someone JUST to put away my laundry? “Hello, Merrymaids? I’d like someone to come over and put away my laundry for me….No…you don’t have to DO the laundry. Just put it away.” It probably wouldn’t be worth it, but…just a thought.

1 comment:

5thseasonshelli said...

You are soooooooo right! putting the clothes away is quite possibly the most annoying task on earth...I almost never get things put away, I'm like you, neatly folded and organized in a basket. I can get the basket to the bedroom, I just never seem to get it unpacked! incidentally, I believe this to be one of Phil's biggest pet peeves...LOL