Sunday, April 26, 2009

So cute I can't stand it!

Here are a few (well, actually...a lot) pictures and a couple videos from the weekend. Enjoy!
I wasn't aware that this was a toy for two.



Honestly, Jacob. What are you doing?


Happy girl!




Wanna pway puzzles wif me?





...and I call this video "The Jealous Big Brother"


Ok...Jacob, please come stand by your sister so I can take a picture of you two.


Jacob, please look at the camera. Why don't you stand a little closer and give her a hug?

Awwwww....so sweet....
But this one is my favorite:

Don't you just want to eat me up??



Hooray! A laugh finally caught on camera!!





They Don’t Call ‘Em Lullabies For Nothin’!

What is a lullaby? According to dictionary.com, a lullaby is a “soothing song used to lull a child to sleep.” We have a CD of instrumental lullabies that has proven to be a very helpful aid in lulling both Jacob and Annabelle to sleep. The songs are so peaceful and soothing. When I play this music in the car, within seconds, the dueling thumb sucking begins and I know they’ll both be out soon. Ahhhhhhh, the sounds of naptime……

The other day, I had to drive over to Heath’s office and both children were in desperate need of a nap. Annabelle was getting cranky and Jacob was getting more tired by the minute. Time for the lullaby CD! Soon after the music began, just as I hoped, thumbs were in the mouths and eyelids were getting heavier and heavier…including mine (no, I was not sucking my thumb). Here’s where I have an issue with the definition of the word “lullaby.” By definition, lullabies are supposed to lull children to sleep, not adults. As I sat listening to this soothing music, I felt myself getting sleepier and sleepier (not a good thing when you’re driving!). I couldn’t wait to see the thumbs drop (that’s how I know the kids are really asleep) so I could turn off the lullabies and turn on something with a beat to wake me up.

So, here’s a tip: the next time you can’t sleep, listen to a few instrumental lullabies. It may do the trick. It was obviously working for me!

No comments: