Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sunshine, Fun and a Picnic -- What a Perfect Day!

The weather has been a little cooler the past couple days and I am loving it -- so is Jacob. Today, we spent the entire morning outside blowing bubbles, playing in the sandbox, squirting water guns, and picking up pinecones (Jacob likes to find pinecones). We were having so much fun outside, we decided to have a picnic in the backyard. Lunch was followed by a nap (for the kids). Yes, I'd say today has been a perfect day.



Unfortunately, our picnic was cut a little short. I wasn't aware that a large family of flies had scheduled a family reunion in our backyard at the same time...and we were providing the food. As soon as I brought out our lunch, the flies started to swarm. I quickly grew tired and very frustrated trying to swat them away, so the picnic turned into more of a race to see who could eat lunch the fastest. I won, with Annabelle coming in second. Jacob was perfectly happy to take third place. He didn't really eat anything but grapes and Annabelle's Cheerios.


Contemplating having a few more Cheerios.


Yook at this grape!

Ok, so I wasn't planning on posting this next video, but when I saw it, I laughed out loud. I was trying to capture some of Annabelle's new dance moves. She stands all the time now and dances to music. Jacob's favorite show was coming on (Imagination Movers, of course) and he was doing a bit of his own dancing...in his big boy underwear. That's what really made me laugh. I was trying not to get him in the video, but he made it in anyway. Just watch and you'll see what I mean.

Before we went outside this morning, Jacob was busy building an airplane. Pretty good, huh?



Here are a few pictures taken after dinner a few nights ago:



While I was pointing the camera at Annabelle, Jacob was (not so patiently) waiting for his turn. He decided to share his feelings by pretending to be the dragon puppet from a Baby Einstein dvd. Just thought I would explain so when you hear the "BLAAAH!....BLAAAH!", now you'll know what that is. :)

No comments: