Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!


Annabelle loves shoes. Always has. She loves to put them on and she loves to take them off even more. I can't remember her ever keeping her shoes on in the car. Sometimes, I don't even bother putting them on her until we reach our destination. What's the point? I know they'll be on the floor in a matter of seconds as soon as we pull out of the driveway. She likes the fact that she can put on her shoes and take them off all by herself. No help necessary. Although, I do intervene when I see that she has her flip flops on the wrong feet. That just looks terribly uncomfortable. Of course, she doesn't seem to mind. She walks a little funny, but never complains. She did it herself. That's all that matters.

She has some seriously cute shoes -- so cute that I decided to do this blog post about them. And she has several pairs. I think her shoes may actually outnumber mine. Here are a few of my (and her) favorites:
These are the self-proclaimed "princess shoes." Annabelle adores them and wears them often. To my knowledge, she has never seen any of the Disney princess movies. She has one book about Beauty and the Beast that we read, but her exposure to the "princess world" has been fairly minimal around our house. But you would never know this. She loves all things princess, especially if those things are pink and sparkly. When she tried on her flower girl dress for my sister's wedding, the first words out of her mouth were, "I yook yike a pwincess?", then, "I yook yike Belle?" Belle is the name of the princess in Beauty and the Beast. We did watch the royal wedding together. Maybe that has something to do with it. She is our wild, little, rough and tumble princess.


These fashionable little sandals came from her Aunt JoBeth. If Annabelle had it her way, she would wear these with everything. Again, they are pink and sparkly -- her favorite combination.


Aunt Shelli sent her these fun little flip flops. She has a second pair in pale pink. So adorable.

I love shoes, but my grandmother really loved them. She had multiple closets full of them. Perhaps Annabelle picked up this trait from her. It's in the genes I guess.

No comments: