Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chubby Bunny Anyone?



With a toddler, each mealtime turns into a game of chubby bunny -- except other foods are substituted for marshmallows. If I were to play Chubby Bunny against Annabelle, she would win...hands down. That girl can stuff an unbelievable amount of food in her mouth. She doesn't play around. Whatever I put on her tray goes straight into her mouth. I'm telling you, she can clean off a tray full of food in a matter of seconds. Amazing. Especially for such a tiny little girl with such a tiny little mouth.


Don't mess with me while I'm having my banana.



Yes, I realize this is a choking hazard. I watch her closely and I've learned to put only a few pieces of food on her tray at a time. Although, she objects to this and screams at me, reaching her hands out for more.

Much like a chipmunk, she also stores food in those little cheeks of hers, saving it for snack at a later time. I have occasionally found her chewing on something only to discover that "something" is a small piece of ground turkey or vegetable or noodle that we had for lunch an hour earlier. I guess it's easier this way. Since she can't really talk yet, if she keeps food in her mouth all the time, she never has to communicate to me when she wants a snack. She's already got one........gross.

No comments: